Talent Development – TalentEdge Fellowship Program (TFP)
Looking to build a future in automotive and mobility? We support students and recent graduates in Ontario to apply their expertise to industry problems, and gain real-world experience.
The TalentEdge Fellowship Program (TFP) of Ontario’s Vehicle Innovation Network (OVIN) provides support for PhD graduates and post-doctoral fellows, to work on industry-driven research and development projects related to automotive and smart mobility technology such as Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) technologies, Electric Vehicles (EV), battery technologies, metallurgical (metal & mining) technologies, and other related areas. Companies can tap into world-class talent coming out of Ontario’s publicly-funded post-secondary institutions and strengthen their capacity to develop new products, services, and processes, while fellows receive hands-on industry experience and mentorship opportunities in areas such as software and hardware development, artificial intelligence, and data analytics.
Best Suited For
- Received PhD within the last five years
- Institution-based Fellowship:
- Applicant: principal investigator at an accredited, publicly-funded Ontario university
- Industry partner: for-profit company with R&D operations in Ontario
- Company-based Fellowship:
- Applicant: for-profit company with R&D operations in Ontario
- Project-based, with clearly defined R&D activities, milestones, and outcomes to be completed within the fellowship duration
How to apply
Reference documentation (the Program Guidelines, the OCI Funding Agreement, the Eligible Expenditures Guide, the Full Proposal Questionnaire, the Letter of Support Template, and the Data and Information Sharing Protocol (DISP) documents) are available on the OVIN Resource Document Page.
Submit this intake form and see if this program is the right fit for your business!